Mobile Web Tools
Library Anywhere for Your Phone
Use the LibraryAnywhere App on your smart phone to access the library catalog.
- Search, place holds, and more.
- Works with your iPhone, Blackberry or Android phones.
Library Website UtilitiesLibrary Extension
Library Anywhere UPDATE!
The Library Anywhere App for Mobile Devices Boasts a New Feature: Scan a Barcode!
Shopping in a store for books, music, videos? Use the new Library Anywhere app to quickly scan the barcode (ISBN or QR Code) to see if the library has it. Then place a hold on it!
How It Works
Use this new feature of the Library Anywhere app for Android and Apple Mobile devices (Blackberry support is coming soon) to scan barcodes and then see if the item you scanned is in the library's collection. Use the app to place a hold on the item.
There are two steps before you begin:
- You have to install the Library Anywhere App (search for it in the Andoid Market or Itunes/Ipod/Iphone/Ipad App Store)
- You have to have a barcode scanning application installed, such as Google Goggles, RedLaser, ScanLife, etc.
After you have these two applications installed, and have set LibraryAnywhere to use our Library as the default library, you simply follow these directions:
- Open the Library Anywhere App on your phone.
- Click on the “…” icon, and choose “Scan a barcode”
- If you have more than one scanning app, you will be prompted to select which one.
- Line up the book's ISBN barcode in your camera screen.
- When you have it lined up correctly, it will display the text Found Book
- You will then see a loading page…….. Followed by the listing in our catalog, letting you know that it has found the book, and what the status of the book is (checked in, checked out, etc.).
If you are logged into the system with your barcode and pin, you can place a hold on the item.