Meeting Room Policy
As a public institution, the East Brunswick Public Library is dedicated to welcoming the expression and access to information and ideas on all points of view. To this end, The Library offers non-profit organizations, businesses, governmental, and other organizations the opportunity to use for a fee one or more of the three available meeting rooms. Preference is given to East Brunswick educational and cultural organizations sponsoring programs open to the public, particularly those groups concerned with the interests of East Brunswick residents. The size of the group and the specified set up will dictate the room(s) necessary to accommodate the program or event. The private/corporate usage fee includes the set up provided by the Library's maintenance staff. Please see both sides of the "Application for Meeting Room Usage" for meeting room usage fees, room capacities and set-up options and note that all rooms are scheduled in two-hour increments.
Reservation of Meeting Rooms
Businesses or other organizations seeking to use meeting rooms must use the online “Application for Meeting Room Usage” form. An email confirmation will be sent once your application has been approved. Please allow up to 5 business days for response to your request. Due to high usage of library meeting rooms, it is advisable to provide at least one alternate date when applying for a room. Payment of the usage fee is due within 5 business days of confirmation from the library that your request has been approved, or the reservation will be cancelled.
The applicant, who must be over 21, is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group and is liable for any theft or damage to library premises, property and/or equipment. The applicant is also responsible for notifying the library of a meeting cancellation and is required to provide two weeks’ notice in advance of the scheduled meeting to receive a credit towards your next meeting room usage. Notification must be received via email (email@example.com) and confirmed by a library staff member in order for a credit to be issued.
Meeting rooms are available during the library’s normal operating hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday, 1-5:00 p.m., except when the library is closed for “Summer Sundays”. The library will not open prior to its normal hours of operation for room set-ups. All meetings must conclude and participants must exit the Library building by closing time.
Additional Rules for the Use of Meeting Rooms
Please note these additional rules:
- Groups will adhere to the library Code of Conduct and keep noise levels consistent with the proper atmosphere of the library at all times.
- Businesses or organizations desiring to use a meeting room(s) must secure a Certificate of Insurance prior to the use of the room, reflecting liability insurance coverage of $1,000,000. Organizations in which membership is based upon appointment by the governing body of East Brunswick or the Library are exempt from this requirement.
- Businesses or organizations hereby referred to as Groups, using the meeting rooms may not use the Library’s name, address or telephone as their official address or contact information.
- Groups may not publicize their activities in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship. All publicity must explicitly state that the East Brunswick Public Library does not endorse the policies, beliefs or activities of the sponsoring business or organization; Or, all publicity must include the following easily visible disclaimer: This Event is Not Sponsored by the East Brunswick Public Library.
- No materials including signs, posters, or decorations, may be affixed to the walls or ceiling by any means whatsoever.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking and cooking are prohibited in the meeting rooms.
- Refreshments may be served at program meetings at the discretion of the Library Director. Kitchen facilities may be used for light refreshments only; no utensils or appliances are provided by the Library. The applicant must leave the meeting room and kitchenette, if used, in the same condition in which it was found.
- Any unlawful conduct is prohibited.
Denial of Meeting Room Privileges
Businesses or organizations will be denied the use of a meeting room if that use poses a potential disturbance to the normal operation of the Library, e.g., excessive noise, a safety hazard, or a significant security risk. The Library Director or his/her representative may also deny the use of meeting rooms to groups that violate meeting room policies. The Library does not permit outside groups to stage any "high-profile” media events, e.g. those which may attract news vans & cameras to the Library building and/or parking lot; such events disturb Library access and environment.
Acceptance of a meeting room usage application and fee does not, in any way, constitute the Library’s endorsement of the goals, policies or activities of any business or organization.
The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of equipment, supplies, materials or any personal property owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings at the Library. In addition, the East Brunswick Public Library Board of Trustees, the Township of East Brunswick, its officers, agents and employees are not to be held liable for any and all claims of injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise in connection with a meeting held on Library property.
The Library will issue a credit for future meeting room use for the following:
- Delayed opening
- Early closure
- Emergency closure of the building
Meeting Room #1 (35 person capacity; stage, podium, screen; 37ft.W x 16 ft. D)
$20 up to 2 hours*
$35/hour ( 2 hour minimum)
Meeting Room #2 (70 person capacity; 37ft. W x 28ft. D)
$30 up to 2 hours*
$60/hour (2 hour minimum)
Meeting Room #3 (same as meeting room #2)
$30 up to 2 hours*
$60/hour (2 hour minimum)
Full Conference Center
$75 up to 2 hours*
$125/hour (2 hour minimum)
All Day Rental Full Conference Center
$300 (9-5 pm)*
$500 (9-5 pm)
Coffee and Tea Service available for $3/person.
Optional meeting room set-up fee - $20.00. The Library is available to set-up your meeting for an additional fee of $20.00 per meeting. Please indicate the set-up number required on your application form.
*Applicant is responsible for its own set-up of chairs, etc., and must clean up the room, returning it to the condition in which it was found, after completion of the meeting. Set up and cleanup must occur within the reserved time for the meeting.
- Please note: The Library reserves the right to alter the room reservation if the number of participants, based upon the room arrangement, exceeds the room’s allowable capacity as per fire regulations. Your group will be notified and will be billed the additional cost for the larger-sized room(s) if the space is available.
Cancellation Policy: If the meeting rooms are cancelled two weeks or more prior to the event, a credit will be issued for future meeting room use. Notification must be via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and confirmed by a staff member in order for a credit to be issued.
(Approved April 17, 2012)