May Computer Training at the Library
Sign up now for the East Brunswick Public Library’s latest computer class offerings.
The May schedule includes our Introduction to QuickBooks classes, as well as our popular class on Downloading eBooks.
Introduction to QuickBooks, Levels 1, 2 and 3
A three part introductory series tothe popular small business financial software. These classes are designed for individuals who are just starting out with QuickBooks and have a working knowledge of the Windows environment. QuickBooks, Level 1 will introduce users to the interface, show how to set up a company’s QuickBooks, and how to begin to add and work with customers, vendors, accounts and inventory. QuickBooks, Level 2 will include working with your accounts, recording sales information, handling payments, and, time permitting, entering and paying bills. QuickBooks, Level 3, the final course in the series, will cover payroll basics, handling sales tax, customizing QuickBook forms, and using reports in QuickBooks. The fee for each course is $50. Advance registration and prepayment is required. See the event in the calendar for the specifics on registration and cancellation.
Search, Checkout and Download: Downloading Audiobooks and eBooks
People who like to read on the go might want to check out our class on how to download eBooks and Audiobooks. Learn how to download free books from The Library’s growing collection and other free resources to your Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony Reader, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Droid phone. Please note that the Kindle ereader is not compatible with library ebooks due to the manufacturer’s restrictions.
Classes for May include:
- Introduction to QuickBooks, Level 1, Wednesday, May 4, at 10 a.m.;
- Microsoft Office 2010 Overview, Thursday, May 5, at 7 p.m.;
- Excel Basics, Saturday May 7 at 9:30 a.m.;
- Search, Checkout and Download, Monday, May 9 at 7 p.m.;
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Wednesday, May 11 at 10 a.m.;
- Email Basics Part I, Wednesday, May 11 at 2:30 p.m.;
- Excel II, Saturday, May 14 at 9:30 a.m.;
- Introduction to QuickBooks, Level 2, Wednesday, May 18 at 10 a.m.
- Email Basics, Part II, Wednesday, May 18 at 2:30 p.m.;
- Microsoft Word II, Thursday, May 19 at 7 p.m.;
- Excel III Saturday, May 21 at 9:30 a.m.;
- PowerPoint II, Tuesday, May 24, 2011 at 7 p.m.;
- Microsoft Word III, Thursday, May 26 at 7 p.m.;
- Introduction to QuickBooks, Level 3, Wednesday, June 1 at 10 a.m.
All courses are offered using the latest Microsoft software - Windows 7 and Office 2010.
Registration is required. All registrants should look at the class offerings carefully to insure that they have the necessary skills for each class. Classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students per class.
There is a $5 fee for cardholders and a $10 fee for non-cardholders. Fees will be added to a cardholder’s account and paid for at the Circulation desk. [This does not apply to the QuickBooks classes. See each event in the calendar for details.]
Register at the Library, by phone or by going to the event in the website Calendar and clicking on the Sign Me Up link. Non-cardholders must pay at the time of registration, i.e. registrations must be in person. For more information, please call 732-390-6767.