Digital Resources: Audio Books
Check Out and Download Digital Audio Books for free, 24/7!
East Brunswick Public Library cardholders have immediate access to over 6000 digital audio books from eLibraryNJ, a project for 73 participating libraries in New Jersey! Many titles are available exclusively to East Brunswick cardholders and can be identified by the Overdrive Advantage logo. Please enjoy and don't forget to let us know what you think!
Read our detailed instructions below, and watch our quick start guide below!
Use your SmartPhone
-- To an eReader or Audio Device
-- To an Ipod
Burn to a CD
Win Media Player Security Upgrade
- Checkout is required.
- In order to checkout you must login with your EBPL Library card number.
- The OverDrive Media Console is required for downloading to your computer. (Download)
- You may transfer your checked out titles on your computer to a portable audio player.
- Digital audio books can also be burned to a CD-ROM disc to be played on a CD/MP3 player.
- Two formats available: WMA and MP3.
- Customized help by device from eLibrary NJ > Click on My Help in the list. A help wizard will open.
- Go to eLibraryNJ
- Browse for titles and Add to Cart
- Download, (transfer) and enjoy!
- For a detailed overview of the process from eLibrarynj, go to Audiobooks Help.
To access audio books at eLibraryNJ you will need:
- A valid East Brunswick library card.
- Access to the Internet.
- OverDrive Media Console (required) (Download)
- An Adobe ID.
- Activate software and device with an Adobe ID
Downloading at the Library's Public Computers:
- Please note that you can download and enjoy digital books at the Library's public computers, but you should only download books that can be burned to a CD that you can take with you . CDs are available for sale at the library's vending machine.
For more precision in finding titles use the Quick Search box at the top of the right column.
- Type the title, author or subject in the search box.
- Select the Audiobooks radio button.
- Click on the Find button.
- Your results will display.
- Click on the Advanced search link in the Quick Search box.
- Type in as much information that you know in the search form. You may include: Title, Creator, Keyword, ISBN, publisher, language, subject and more
- Choose the format that you need from the Format drop down menu. Choices include:
- All Audiobooks
- OverDrive MP3 Audiobook
- OverDrive WMA Audiobook
A Note about formats:
- Click Search.
- Click on a title in the Search Results for more detailed information.
- Available titles will show an Add to Cart link.
- Titles with all copies checked out will show Place a Hold link.
- To select another book click on Continue Browsing.
- Click Proceed to Checkout link when you have finished making your selections (items stay in your cart for 30 minutes without checkout).
- Sign In to your account - Supply your Library name and Library card number and click the Sign In link.
- The items in your cart will display.
- Choose either the 7or 10 day loan period for each title or click the Remove button to delete selections from the list and click Confirm checkout.
- Click Download to save a copy of the book on your computer. (OverDrive Media Console software required - Download)
Check Out FAQs:
- The loan period is 7 or 10 days. Checkin is automatic at the end of the loan period.
- You may only download your book up to 3 times.
- You may reserve titles. When the requested title is available you will be sent an e-mail. You will have three days to download your reserved audiobook, otherwise it will go to the next customer waiting for it.
- You can check-out up to five digital audio books at one time.
- Download and activate the OverDrive Media Console app. (Download)
- The first time you are using the app you will need to go to the app Settings menu and type in your Adobe ID under the Authorize section.
- After authorizing your app, click the menu button on your device and select Get Books.
- Click Add a Library and type in the library’s zipcode (08816). Select East Brunswick Public Library by clicking on the star on the screen. Then click eBooks to start searching.
- Follow the directions above to browse or search for an audiobook. Please note that only titles that are available in the formats that are compatible with your device will appear in your search results.
- After you click Download, the audiobook will immediately start to download and will appear on the Bookshelf in the app. Once it has finished downloading, you can select the title on the Bookshelf to listen to it.
TIP: When you login, click the Remember me on this device button and you will not have to type in your barcode each time you checkout a book.