Library Features: What's New @ The Library
Find a bargain at the Friends Community Yard Sale
Find a Great Bargain at this year's Community Yard Sale. Saturday, May 18; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Clean out your house and make some cash for the summer at the largest Community Yard Sale in the area. Sign up now to sell at the Friends of the East Brunswick Library Community Yard Sale on Saturday, May 18, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at East Brunswick High School on Cranbury Road. Double parking spaces will be $20. Additional single parking spaces are available for $10 (first come, first serve). Refunds will be given if the event is canceled. Food and restrooms will be available at the event. Sellers will be allowed to set up at 8 a.m. We have a limited number of spots available, so register now. Food vendors are welcome. In addition, the Friends have arranged for all unwanted and unsold merchandise that day to be picked up at 1 p.m. Tax receipts will be provided for unsold items. The rain date for this event is June 2.
SCORE StartSMART Workshop Series
Successful and experienced executives will help you make a "go/no go" decision for starting a business. This workshop series begins April 11, 2013.
Learn how to:
- Evaluate your idea: Are you ready to be a business owner?
- Develop a marketing strategy: Define and understand your pricing strategy, target market and competition.
- Create a financial plan: Draft a blueprint to achieve your financial goals and attract funding.
- Determine funding sources and feasibility: Identify start-up capital.
The five three-hour workshops are scheduled for: (All sessions are from 5:45 pm to 8:45 pm.)
- Start-up Basics (FREE): Thursday, April 11, 2013
- Business¬ Concepts: Thursday, April 25, 2013
- Marketing Plan: Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Financial Projections: Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Funding Sources and Next Steps: Thursday, June 6, 2013
The first session is FREE. The cost for the rest of the series is $128.
Space is limited – only a few seats available. Register today!
You can register by logging onto:
There is no obligation! Sign up for the first session to see if the StartSMART™ series is right for you.
Registration (and payment) for the rest of the series will be taken at the first session.