LEAP - Free Assistive Technology Classes are available for Adults
All classes are scheduled from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A second session will be scheduled if there is an overwhelming response creating a wait list.
- The second session will be on the same dates listed below but will run from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Sept- 9/14 9/21 9/28, 10/5 (because we not meeting on 9/7 the 10/5 date is added to the September class schedule)
- iPad Class – Basics Voice Over
In this very beginner class you will learn how to use Voice Over, Apple’s built in screen reader, to access the iPad.
- iPad class - Basics Zoom Magnification
In this very beginner class you will learn how to use Zoom, Apple’s built in magnifier, to access the iPad.
Oct- 10/12 10/19 /10/26 11/2 (11/2 is added to the October class schedule to have 4 sessions)
- iPad class - Advanced Voice Over
In this advanced class, you will learn advanced features of Voice Over
- iPad class - Advanced Zoom
In this advanced class, you will learn advanced features of Zoom.
Nov- 11/9 11/16 11/23 11/30
- Basic Computer Skills Class
In this beginner class, you will learn basic computer terminology, learn basic mouse and keyboarding skills as well as how to navigate your computer
Dec- 12/7 12/14 12/21 12/28
- Access your home computer: Magnification class
This moderately advanced class will show you how to download a free program Zoom Text and Ease of Access Center how to use it to navigate your computer and the Internet.
- Access your home computer: Screen Reader Class using JAWS
This moderately advanced class will show you how to use JAWS to navigate your computer and the Internet.