(Adult) Residents applying for an East Brunswick Public Library card must provide current proof of residence, or a current tax bill on property owned.
How to Get a Library Card
How to Get a Library Card Kids/Teens
Check Your Library Account
Renew Checked Out or Overdue Materials
Request Materials that The Library DOES Own
Request Materials That The Library Does NOT Own
Return Library Materials
Notices via Email
Credit Card Payments
(Children and Teens)The Library issues a library card to a person from birth to 18 years of age only with in-person authorization by a parent or guardian, or to a student participating in a school class trip whose parent or guardian has granted permission via a completed library card application.
(Students) The Library issues full service library cards to non-resident students attending East Brunswick public schools, private schools in East Brunswick, or Middlesex County Vocational-Technical High School in East Brunswick as part of their high school curriculum. Cards issued to non-resident students are valid through the current school year ending August 31. The Library requires the student to provide proof of attendance to obtain a full service card.
(Works in Town) The Library issues full service library cards to individuals who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week in East Brunswick. Applicants must present a letter from his/her employer stating that he/she works 20 hours or more per week, and present a pay stub or cancelled check as proof of employment. Individuals teaching in public or private schools located in East Brunswick and Town-ship employees are exempt from the 20 hours a week minimum schedule. Non-resident Township employees who are classified as “Seasonal” are not eligible for an East Brunswick Public Library card.
(Purchased Cards) Non-Residents who do not fall into any of the above categories and may purchase a library card. All purchased cards are valid for one year from the date of purchase. Additional cards are issued to other family members residing at the same address for an additional $5 each. There are three types of cards available for purchase:
- A "Print Materials" card entitles the purchaser and immediate family to borrow books, English as a Second Language materials, magazines, pamphlets, children's audiocassettes and children's book and tape sets. The annual fee for this card is $75.
- A "Media" card entitles the purchaser and immediate family to borrow digital video discs (DVDs), audio books, compact discs, video game cartridges, and English as a Second Language materials. The annual fee for this card is $50.
- A "Full Service" card entitles the purchaser and immediate family to all of the materials, programs and services afforded a resident cardholder. The annual fee for this card is $125.
You may check your account from the following locations:
- The Renew/Check My Account button in the site navigation on the left.
- Click on Log in to Your Account once you are in the library's catalog.
- Click on the Log in to Your Account link in the top right hand corner of the library catalog web page.
- Type your library card and PIN numbers in each box.
- Hit <Enter> or click on Login.
- A list of all items out will display along with their due dates.
- Click on the Renew button next to each item you wish to renew.
- The new due date will be displayed next to each title.
- Note that fines will still be assessed for overdue materials until you renew. Also some materials may not be renewable, i.e items requested by other customers.
For phone renewal please call Circulation at (732) 390-6950.
Customers may place their own reserve requests by searching for the item they would like in The Library catalog. Rental books, and new release DVDs, software and videogames are not requestable. To request an item that is currently checked out you will need your library card and PIN numbers. Then:
- Complete your search for the item you would like to request.
If the information listed in the Copy/Holding Information area shows that the item is checked out:
- Click on the Request Item button on the right side of the screen above the Copy/Holding Information bar.
Important! - Use the Request copy next to each item in the list ONLY when you want a specific copy. e.g. Fodors 2005 or a specific magazine issue.
- Enter your library card number and PIN and hit <Enter> or click on the Log In button.
- Click on Request to confirm.
- A box appears "Your request has been successfully placed"
- Click on Return to Searching or Logout and Return.
- Use Return to Searching when you want to place additional requests or need to check your account information.
- Use Logout and Return when you have completed your search session.
- Don't forget to protect your privacy and logout when you have completed your search session.
The Library accepts requests for titles which are not currently in the collection. If you can't find what you're looking for in the library catalog, you can:
Borrow the title from another library:
- Use JerseyCat from your home computer to request that The Library borrow the item(s) from another library; OR
Submit a Request that The Library purchase your materials:
- Request for Books -- request that the Library purchase books
- Requests for Videogames -- request that the Library purchase PC videogames
- Request for Music CDs and Audiobooks -- request that the Library purchase music CDs or audiobooks
- Requests for DVDs -- request that the Library purchase DVDs. Only one request per day is allowed. New releases cannot be reserved!
For additional help in requesting materials click on the Can't Find It tab at the top of the page when you are in the Library Catalog or call the Information Services desk at 732-390-6767.
On Holidays, the library books drops will be locked, and items are unable to be returned. The rest of the time, library return drops are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for all items, whether print or audio-visual media.
Books and magazines may be dropped off at any time in the drive-up container at the exit to the library's parking lot or at either of the two book drops in front of the building. Media, including CDs, DVDs, audiobooks on tape or CD, video games, and computer software, may be deposited in the media drop on the outside wall to the left of the entrance doors.
Please do not return materials to the library when it is closed due to inclement weather. Please note that overdue fines are not charged when, due to inclement weather, the library is closed, has a delayed opening, or early closing. Fines are also not charged on weekdays, when EB Public Schools are closed for inclement weather.
Materials due that are returned in the outside drops before the library opens for the next day of business will not be considered overdue.
Materials may also be returned inside the building.
The Library offer customers the convenience of the following notices via email:
- Hold Requests
- Pre Overdue Reminder notices - These are courtesy reminder notices for items coming due in 3 days (available via email only).
- Overdue notices
To receive your library catalog notices via email:
- Login to your account in the library catalog with your library card and PIN numbers.
- Click on the My Account/Renew button.
- Click on Profile in the blue menu bar.
- Type in your email address in the Email Information section of the Profile form.
- Click Update.
All notices will be sent to the email account that you supplied.