Credit Card Payments at the Library
The East Brunswick Public Library now accepts payment using Discover, MasterCard or Visa Credit and most pin-less debit cards. Customers have the option of paying online, through the use of our new SmartPay portal, or in person at the new Express check checkout stations. East Brunswick Public Library is offering this service in an effort to help make our services easier for our patrons to use.
- Visit the library catalog, by clicking on Renew/Check My Account or Catalog Quick Search on the library's website - www.ebpl.org, OR by visiting directly at http://Librarycatalog.ebpl.org.
- Click on the PayOnline tab. Please be patient as it may take a few seconds to load the SmartPay online system.
NOTE: If you are already logged into the library catalog, you will need to login again to access the SmartPay online payment system, and vice versa, as these are two distinct services.
- Login to the system using your current active library card number and pin.
- You will be taken to the following page. Please click on the Library Fines/Fees Codes link to get an explanation of what your current fines and fees are. We are looking to improve this system, but at the current time are limited to inserting fee codes, and this handy reference sheet.
- Then click on the Pay Fines/Fees tab.
TIP: If you open a new tab and go to the Library Catalog page, you can be logged in to both systems, and see some more detailed information as to what the fines and fee charges are. You can click on the My Account, Fines/Blocks tabs, and then compare the information displayed on the SmartPay’s Pay Fines/Fees tab.
- A list of all of the fines/fees on your account will display.
- The Type column lists the type of fee. Click on the More Information link below to see a more detailed explanation of each code.
- Choose the fines that you want to pay by clicking each fine under the Pay Now column. Or, select Check All. The amount will automatically total.
Note that we cannot process a payment of less than $1.00.
- Then enter your credit card information in the form below, completing all fields.
- Click the Finish button to complete your payment. Please be patient as this step may take up to 20 seconds! Note the message as it processes:
- Click OK to continue.
Do not close your web browser or go to any other page until you receive confirmation that you payment has been accepted!
- If the transaction cannot be processed, you will see a big red X and a failure message. You may click on the browser's Back button to try again, fixing any information that you might have missed or typed incorrectly.
- Clicking on the My History button will give you a list of the transactions you have made an the items you have paid off. Only you have access to this information.