Technology Training at the Library
Free Classes for NJ Residents
The IC3 is short for Internet Computing Core Certification. IC3 helps you learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy through a worldwide industry standard. To become IC3 certified, you must pass the following three exams.
Go here for more info and to register: https://workforceadvantageusa.com/Computer-Operations
Don't have Microsoft Word at home, Google Docs is a free alternative available on any browser. This Online Class will guide you on how to start:
Digital Skills Classes:
Google Applied Digital Skills Class: Intro to Google Docs, Email and more.
EBPL tech Trainer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org Or Call 732-390-6767. A librarian will respond to your request as soon as possible.
This great tutorial will show you how: Tutorial Video
For EBPL Onlince Classes check out our Calendar and EBPL Tech Training Video Tutorials
East Brunswick Library Cardholders access to Universal Class, an online database that offers free training courses including Computer Literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and other computer programs. Click here for instructions on how to sign up for Universal Class, you only need your library card.
Video Tutorial: How To Start
This FREE site, offers more classes with easy to follow videos. Try their iPhone, Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive, Photoshop. There are tabout 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactives and games covering the essential skills needed to live and work in the 21st century.
Click Here For a Complete List of Technology Classes Available Online and EBPL Tech Training Video Tutorials
Spring 2020 Photoshop and Pixlr E recorded classes available here
Looking to know about Zoom and Slack
Intro to Computer Science and Computational Thinking:
Tech Skills for Mid-Career Series:
Introduction to Computer Science for people entering the workforce, re-entering the workforce, or in the workforce. This class takes a top-down approach, emphasizing mastery of high-level concepts with hand on practice with easy to follow tutorials.
This course is based on the popular CS50 online course from Harvard University. The virtual class provides students’ opportunities to discuss and ask questions during class and get real-time help. Students are encourage to exercise self-learning, explore, imagination and craft their own path. This class is a combination of lecture, tutorials and self-pace practice. The class will draw material from a popular class offered by Dr. David J. Malan at Harvard University called CS50 and CS50B and other proven methods. The class aims to give students basic skills and knowledge to start writing/reading code and enable students to be ready to join more rigorous and advanced classes.
A serie of sessions starting in September. Each Session has 4 classes. Check the calendar for more info and registration.
Intro to Programming Session I, starts on Sept 8, more info here.
Intro to Python Session II, starts on Oct 6, more info here
Intro to Web Design Session III, starts on Nov 10, more info here
Online resources for Python, HTML and others: Harvard CS50 (free), Codecademy (mostly free), W3Schools (free), Freecode (free), Data Analysis Free Tutorial .
Train for the Next Job:
Grow with Google Training
Amazon Training and Certifications Online Classes
Salesforce Online Training
Intro to 3D Printing
- Check Calendar for upcoming classes and recorded 3D Printing Class
- TinkerCad Tutorial by Dice Club
- How to 3D Print at EBPL Flyer
- PC Literacy, Email Basics , Internet Basics check out Universal Class or GCF Global
- iPhone Basics (I and II) Class Handouts: iPhone Basics I, iPhone Basics II
- Video from Geek League
Microsoft Office Courses:
Word (I, II, III, IV), check yout our EBPL video tutorials
Excel (I, II, III, IV), check out Universal Class: courses
PowerPoint (I, II, III), check out Universal Class: courses
Photoshop Series Online Resources Guide here
Check the Library Calendar for the most updated schedule of technology training classes.
QuickBooks Online Courses: check out QuickBooks Tutorial Videos
- EDX.org and Coursera.org offer online courses for professionals offered by Universities from Computer Science to Education.
- TechBoomers.com - a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
- DigitalLearn.org - a collection of self-directed tutorials for end-users to increase their digital literacy.
- LearnMyWay.com - a website of free online courses for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world.
- North Star Digital Literacy Assessment - a website that helps you test your computer skills. You can build skills in key areas, and demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
- Collab Lab Tutorials from BGSU - a website of online tutorials of various software, web, and miscellaneous resources from Bowling Green State University's Collab Lab.
- Assess your basic computer skills using the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment Modules.
Questions about Technology Training Classes?
If you have any questions, please click on this link: Contact the Training Coordinator .
East Brunswick Public Library is committed to making its facilities, services, and programs accessible to all people, including those with disabilities. Read more in our ADA Accommodations page.