Technology Training at the Library
EBPL buidling is closed, however, we are still working, I can be reached at email@example.com For EBPL Onlince Classes check out our Calendar and EBPL Tech Training Video Tutorials
Our librarians are available to answer your questions Monday - Friday from 10:00 - 6:00 pm. Librarians can be reached by phone at 732-390-6767 or click here. A librarian will respond to your request as soon as possible.
The library also East Brunswick Library Cardholders access to Universal Class, an online database that offers free training courses including Computer Literacy, Microsoft Office, Excel and other computer programs. Click here for instructions on how to sign up for Universal Class, you only need your library card.
Video Tutorial: How To Start
This FREE site, offers more classes with easy to follow videos. Try their iPhone, Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive, Photoshop. There are tabout 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactives and games covering the essential skills needed to live and work in the 21st century.
Click Here For a Complete List of Technology Classes Available Online and EBPL Tech Training Video Tutorials
Looking to know about Zoom and Slack
Intro to 3D Printing
- Check Calendar for upcoming classes and recorded 3D Printing Class
- TinkerCad Tutorial by Dice Club
- How to 3D Print at EBPL Flyer
Introductory Computer Courses:
- PC Literacy (I and II) onsite, Email Basics (I and II), Internet Basics (I and II)
- iPhone Basics (I and II) Class Handouts: iPhone Basics I, iPhone Basics II
- Windows Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts, Various Social Media Courses
- Video from Geek League
Intro to Computer Science and Computational Thinking:
Tech Skills for Mid-Career Series: Check out calendar for updated information
- Online resources for Python, HTML and others: Harvard CS50 (free), Codecademy (mostly free), W3Schools (free), Freecode (free), Data Analysis Free Tutorial .
Microsoft Office Courses:
Word (I, II, III, IV), check yout our EBPL video tutorials
Excel (I, II, III, IV)
PowerPoint (I, II, III)
Online-Google Remote Work App:
Click on Google Drive, and Hangouts, and Duo to access Class Material
Google Apps I (Chrome, Drive): Recorded Class Video
Google Docs Video Tutorials
Google Apps II (Slides, Drawings, Images, Photos), Google Apps III (Sheets, Forms), Google Apps IV (Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar)
QBO I, II, III, IV, V
*Registration policies and procedures differ from our regular tech training course offerings
Please view the Quickbooks Online information here
EB Create Courses:
Photoshop Series Online Resources Guide here
Check the Library Calendar for the most updated schedule of technology training classes.
Need more guidance on where to start?
- Take our Buzzfeed quiz! Which Computer Class at EBPL is Right For You?
- Assess your basic computer skills using the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment Modules.
- EDX.org and Coursera.org offer online courses for professionals offered by Universities from Computer Science to Education.
- TechBoomers.com - a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life.
- DigitalLearn.org - a collection of self-directed tutorials for end-users to increase their digital literacy.
- LearnMyWay.com - a website of free online courses for beginners, helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world.
- North Star Digital Literacy Assessment - a website that helps you test your computer skills. You can build skills in key areas, and demonstrate your knowledge by earning certificates and badges.
- Collab Lab Tutorials from BGSU - a website of online tutorials of various software, web, and miscellaneous resources from Bowling Green State University's Collab Lab.