Registering to Vote
The deadline to register to vote before an election is 21 days before that election. For the November 6th election the last day to register to vote is October 16, 2012.
There are a number of ways in which you may register to vote:
- Middlesex County residents can click on the Voter Registration Application link from the NJ Division of Elections to print and then fill out the required information and mail it to:
Middlesex County Commissioner of Registration
777 Jersey Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-9793
- Any NJ state resident can fill out a Statewide Use Registration Application from the NJ Division of Elections, print it out and mail it to:
Division of Elections
PO Box 304
Trenton, NJ 08625-9983
- The NJ Division of Elections also offers Voter Registration forms by Counties and in English, Spanish, Cantonese, Gujarati, Korean and Mandarin.
- East Brunswick residents may also come to the Township Clerk's office or the Information Desk at The Library to obtain voter registration applications.
- Applications are also available at Motor Vehicle offices, the Division of Elections, as well as the Commissioners of Registration for each county.
An original signature is required , therefore faxed copies of the forms are not acceptable.
*These forms require the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to correctly view and print.
- Individuals must be United States citizens who are at least 18 years of age on or before the next election and have been residing at their present addresses for at least 30 days. There are several exceptions. These include individuals who are currently serving sentences or are on parole or probation as a result of a conviction of an indictable offense under state or federal law, as well as those who have been adjudged mentally incompetent.