Congratulations on getting your library card
GET STARTED USING YOUR LIBRARY CARD TODAY!
eBOOKS, MOVIES, MAGAZINES AND MORE!Now that you you have your East Brunswick Public Library card, you can get started accessing thousands of titles instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- A good place to start is eLibrary NJ, which is a collection of current books and audiobooks. Best of all, eLibrary NJ is powered by the super easy to use Libby app.
- RB Digital gives you access to over 150 full-color, page-for-page digital magazine titles that youwill find on any newstand.
- If you are looking for more than books, check out hoopla digital which collects over 500,000 titles, including movies, television shows, music albums, comics and graphic novels.
- Your card even gives you access to award winning foreign, independent and classic films with Kanopy.
- You can also download the LMxPRESS PLUS app which makes using library services even easier.
Your new library card lets you access several online resources, connecting you to information, reference material and other services. Here are some of our most popular online resources:
- Consumer Reports Database Consumer Reports--the popular consumer information magazine--is available online, filled with expanded product reviews, rankings and buyer guides. Whether you are buying a new car, washing machine or camera, make sure you start your search here.
- Tutor.com If you are looking for live, one-on-one homework help, Tutor.com's verified tutors can help students from kindergarten through college. The services also provides assistance for non-students, with resume and cover letter review, job searching, GED prep and the citizenship test.
- Value Line Value Line is a clearing house of all the investment information you will ever need, including stock reports, current price quotes and security screenings, allowing you to make the best financial decisions.
- Legal Information Center With this online service, you can find thousands of downloadable forms and resource guides fcovering such topics as wills and estate planning, financial planning, real estate, divorce and small business.
- Universal Class Take over five hundered continuing education classes, all at your own pace, ranging from genealogy to computer programming to bookkeeping. These classes are led by experts in their respective fields.
You can find a full list here. To sign up for these services, it will ask you to create a free account using your library card barcode.
SEARCH THE EBPL CATALOG
Even though the library offers tons of online material, our printed books are still extremely popular with our customers. Start looking through our collection's catalog here.
SIGN UP FOR PROGRAMS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Every day, East Brunswick Public Library hosts a wide variety of programs and events, ranging from children's story time to crafting sessions to movie screenings to computer classes. You can find out what is happening at the library on our online calendar.
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL
FUN FOR ALL AGES
MUSEUM PASS PROGRAM
East Brunswick Public Library cardholders can take advantage of our Museum Pass Program, which provides free admission to area museums ranging from the Guggenheim and the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, to more family friendly destinations like the Liberty State Science Center and Garden State Discovery Museum, or more specific places like Insectropolis and the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum. Click here to reserve your passes today. Special thanks to the Friends of the Library for sponsoring this program.
JUST FOR THE HEALTH OF IT
East Brunswick Public Library is home to Just For The Health Of It!, your prescription for the best Health and Wellness information around town! Our librarians conducting research are certified through the Medical Library Association, and they can provide you with information about topics or healthcare providers so that you can make informed medical decision. In addition, the library regularly hosts informative programs with healthcare providers. Check out our health portal today.
Our library is home to EB Create, our community's very own makerspace. Whether you are looking to learn a new skill or are working on a project, we have the equipment and technology for you to be creative. In our makerspace, you can edit video, use our recording studio or work on a sewing project. Best of all, with your new East Brunswick Public Library card, you can check out equipment to use from home. Learn more about EB Create, and see the list of lendable kits you can borrow.
VISIT MEMBER LIBRARIES
East Brunswick Public Library is a member of the Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium (LMxAC). That means that you can borrow materials, attend programs and use services at an additional thirty libraries throughout central New Jersey. You can find a list of the other LMxAC libraries here.
GET THE LMxPRESS PLUS APPEast Brunswick Public Library cardholder can download the mobile app LMxPRESS Plus, which provides faster and more accurate access to your library account and the holdings of the 31 LMxAC member libraries. Best of all, you can store your library barcode app on you smartphone, as well as the barcodes of the other library cards in your family. For more information or to download the app, click here.
BUSINESS RESOURCE CONNECTION
The library connects small businesseses, entrepeneurs and job-seekers within Middlesex County to help them grow and thrive. Stop by the library to use any of our resources, or to talk to our librarians who can help you research your business projects. Learn more about the Business Resource Connection.
Did you know that the library is officially-designated by the US Department of State as a passport application acceptance facility? The library offers passport processing as a walk-in service. Click here for more information about the passport service.
SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
East Brunswick Public Library is loved by the community it serves. Our Friends of the Library group is one of the most active in the state; they constantly sponsor events at the library and work on fundraising projects. Click here to learn how you can join the Friends of the Library. The library is also served by the East Brunswick Public Library Foundation, which raises funds for large scale projects. To learn more about sponsorships and how you can support the Foundation, visit their website.