Buddy Holly Tribute Band Rave On! to Perform
Enjoy the music of Buddy Holly Tribute Band -Rave On! Sunday, Dec. 4, 2 p.m.
Take a trip to a time when Rock & Roll was fresh and new! Swing by the Library and hear the Buddy Holly tribute band, Rave On! You’ll be treated to classics such as That'll Be The Day, Peggy Sue, Not Fade Away, Oh Boy, It's So Easy and Rave On. Enjoy music that paved the way for legendary performers such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and countless others during this wonderful event. With Chris Roselle on guitar and lead vocals, Pete Farley on bass guitar, and Don Guinta on drums, these timeless, early Rock & Roll classics will have you dancing in the aisles!
Penguin eBooks Access Partially Restored
‘Get for Kindle’ for all Penguin eBooks in ListenNJ has been restored as of November 28th.
Penguin titles are available for check out by Kindle users and the Kindle format will be available for patrons who are currently on a waiting list for a Penguin title. Please note, that upcoming releases remain unavailable.
Last week, Penguin withdrew its ebook titles from the ListenNJ collection while they reconsidered their policy on lending to public libraries.
Please check the library website for further updates.
December Computer Training at the Library
Get the computer training you need at the Library and update your skills this month. The Library is offering something new in December - Introduction to MS Outlook Part III!
Register now for the East Brunswick Public Library’s latest computer class offerings. December offers something for everyone with classes for beginners and more advanced students alike.
Beginners can register for our introduction to searching the Internet - Internet II. PC Literacy I and II will also be offered. These classes focus on mastering very basic computer skills from keyboarding and mouse skills to navigating program interfaces and creating and saving simple documents.
Picture Perfect, our class on dealing with your digital photos will also be offered in December, just in time for you to learn to manage all of your holiday photos.
These beginner classes are not offered on a regular basis, so be sure to take advantage and register this month.
For More Advanced Users
More advanced users can sign up for the Microsoft Office suite of classes. This month we are offering three levels of Microsoft Word, four levels of Excel, the new Outlook III class and the Introduction to PowerPoint.
Introduction to Microsoft Outlook III
This class is for users who have mastered the topics in Outlook I and II. It will cover some of the new features available in Outlook 2010 and more advanced topics such as adding a business card to a signature, creating contact groups, creating rules and alerts such has how to change the color of messages in your inbox and other folders, adding your gmail account to Outlook, and more as time permits.
MS Outlook Parts I and II classes or mastery of the same content. For registrants who have the MS Office Suite.
Classes for December include:
- Excel Basics, Saturday, December 3rd at 9:30 a.m.;
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Tuesday, December 6th at 7 p.m.;
- PC Literacy, Wednesday, December 7th at 2 p.m.;
- MS Word II, Thursday, December 8th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel II, Saturday, December 10th at 1:00 p.m.;
- Internet II, Tuesday, December 13th at 7 p.m.;
- PC Literacy II, Wednesday, December 14th at 2 p.m.;
- MS Word III, Thursday, December 15th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel III, Saturday, December 17th at 9:30 a.m.;
- Picture Perfect, Tuesday, December 20th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel IV, Thursday, December 22nd at 7 p.m.
- Introduction to Microsoft Outlook, Part 3, Tuesday, December 27th at 7 p.m.;
- Introduction to PowerPoint, Thursday, December 29th at 7 p.m.
All courses are offered using the latest Microsoft software - Windows 7 and Office 2010. Registration is required. All registrants should look at the class offerings carefully to insure that they have the necessary skills for each class. Most classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students per class.
There is a $5 fee for cardholders and a $10 fee for non-cardholders. Fees will be added to a cardholder’s account and paid for at the Circulation desk. Register at the Library, by phone or by going to the event in the website Calendar and clicking on the Sign Me Up link. Your library card and PIN numbers will be required. Non-cardholders must pay at the time of registration, i.e. registrations must be in person.
Please take your commitment seriously. Remember, your registration locks out someone else. If you cannot attend, you MUST call 732-390-6767 at least 24 hours before class time or cancel your registration online. If you do not attend and fail to cancel, the $5 registration fee is nonrefundable and will be charged to your library account. Customers with fines exceeding $5 will have a blocked library card until the fine is paid. The $10.00 fee for noncardholders is non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by The Library. Your fee may be applied to another class at a future date. Call the Information Desk at 732-390-6767 for more information.
For more information, please call 732-390-6767.
New Features In Overdrive App
ListenNJ mobile users can now enjoy the following new features on their mobile device:
- Patron-defined lending allows patrons to choose their lending period for each title. Example options include 7, 14, or 21 days. Note: This feature is only enabled if your library currently offers this option at the desktop site.
- Advanced search functionality gives your patrons the opportunity to search by criteria such as title, author, keyword, publisher, format, etc. for a more custom set of results.
- Enhanced searching allows your patron to search within results to narrow down a list of titles, and additionally, limit the results to only show titles with copies available. This means no more scrolling through dozens of pages to find a title available for checkout.
- Page numbers in search results gives patrons a clear view of how many titles were generated in their search or browse.