LEAP - Free Assistive Technology Classes are available for Adults
Are you 55 or older with a change in your vision? Free assistive technology classes are available for adults! Explore computers equipped with magnification and speach or learn to use the iPad! Read More
All classes are scheduled from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- A second session will be scheduled if there is an overwhelming response creating a wait list.
- The second session will be on the same dates listed below but will run from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Sept- 9/14 9/21 9/28, 10/5 (because we not meeting on 9/7 the 10/5 date is added to the September class schedule)
- iPad Class – Basics Voice Over
In this very beginner class you will learn how to use Voice Over, Apple’s built in screen reader, to access the iPad.
- iPad class - Basics Zoom Magnification
In this very beginner class you will learn how to use Zoom, Apple’s built in magnifier, to access the iPad.
Oct- 10/12 10/19 /10/26 11/2 (11/2 is added to the October class schedule to have 4 sessions)
- iPad class - Advanced Voice Over
In this advanced class, you will learn advanced features of Voice Over
- iPad class - Advanced Zoom
In this advanced class, you will learn advanced features of Zoom.
Nov- 11/9 11/16 11/23 11/30
- Basic Computer Skills Class
In this beginner class, you will learn basic computer terminology, learn basic mouse and keyboarding skills as well as how to navigate your computer
Dec- 12/7 12/14 12/21 12/28
- Access your home computer: Magnification class
This moderately advanced class will show you how to download a free program Zoom Text and Ease of Access Center how to use it to navigate your computer and the Internet.
- Access your home computer: Screen Reader Class using JAWS
This moderately advanced class will show you how to use JAWS to navigate your computer and the Internet.