The Library Offers New Online Resume Building Software and
Need a resume? Want a cover letter? Get help with the Library's new subscription product, OptimalResume. Unsure of how to use it? Register for the training class on April 30th.
With The Library's subscription to OptimalResume online software, you can quickly and effortlessly create a professional resume. The Optimal Resume software is available to all East Brunswick Library card holders.
Optimal Resume™ is a comprehensive web-based application for library cardholders to create, present, and manage resumes. The application allows convenient previewing, forward/backward navigation, drag/drop reordering of sections, and the ability to delete/add sections at any time. Resumes are automatically generated in several formats, including Rich Text, Plain Text, PDF, and HTML, and can be edited, downloaded, renamed, or deleted at any time. Users can also reference an occupational database to create targeted resumes for specific employers and occupations. It's easy to search careers by job family, high growth industry, or STEM discipline and view key job information such as required tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, work activities, and more.
Users can create and manage an unlimited number of resumes in their account, and the software includes spell checking, action words, and format assistance - all on a 24/7 basis. A state-of-the-art Resume Stylist makes it easy for users to choose from up to 1 Million Resume Styles, so no two resumes ever look the same!
Six new features have been added to OptimalResume our online resume builder. They include:
· Letter Builder -create high-quality professional letters in a matter of minutes including cover letters, networking letters, follow up letter and more
· Online Portfolio -upload professional documents into an attractive web portfolio
· Skills Assessment helps you analyze your skills and experiences
· Interview Prep helps prepare you for even the toughest of interviews with real-to-life, multi-media interview scenarios that were developed by seasoned employment professionals.
· Video Resume -create high-impact videos using the latest video technology with elements of typical PowerPoint ® presentation to create a powerful marketing piece
· Website Builder helps you create your own professional website.
To use this software go to Research Tools in the navigation menu on the left and select Find Information in Online Databases. You can scroll down the alphabetical listing of all of The Library's databases to OptimalResume. Or you may select Education and Careers from the drop down menu on the right side of the page and scroll through a much shorter shorter list of databases. Click on the link and enter the password listed in the instructions and begin. Users will need to create an account to use the software and store their data.
The Library will also be offering a hands-on 2 hour training class on how to use OptimalResume for library cardholders on April 20th at 7 p.m. in the Library's Computer Training Center. Registering is easy. Simply click on the OptimalResume event in the Library Calendar. Click on the Sign Me Up link and type in your library card and PIN numbers. Once your card is validated fill out the registration form and you are all set. An email confirmation will be sent to you or you can print out the confirmation page.
For more information, please call 732-390-6767.