Come celebrate East Brunswick’s 150th Birthday
Celebrate East Brunswick’s 150th birthday at the East Brunswick Public Library with a variety of events scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 28, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Kicking off the two-hour party will be a trumpet fanfare by students from the East Brunswick Public Schools. Other performances include the Simplicity String Quartet, the East Brunswick High School Jazz Ensemble, the Community Chorus and a piano soloist. You will “Meet Our Mayors” and view exhibits on the history of our town by the East Brunswick Historical Society and fire and rescue organizations. Plus, we will announce the winners of the “History of East Brunswick” poster contest and “What East Brunswick Means to Me” essay contest sponsored by the East Brunswick Public Schools. Of course, no birthday would be complete without a birthday cake, so come by for a free slice. It promises to be a great time, so don’t miss it. This free event is sponsored by the Township of East Brunswick, the East Brunswick Historical Society and The Library.
In addition, EBTV will celebrate the township’s birthday with special historical videos from the station’s archives. Each show will be televised for one week, at four convenient times :Mondays at 10 a.m.; Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m.; and Sundays and Thursdays at 8 p.m.. Here’s the schedule:
- Feb. 7-11, 2010: Focus on New Jersey featuring Mayor Jean Walling (1973);
- Feb. 14-18, 2010: Our Varied Past with host Rich Walling and featuring William Fox and John Runyon (1982);
- Feb. 21-25, 2010: Our Varied Past with host Rich Walling and featuring Ann Alvarez (1982);
- Feb. 28-March 4, 2010: Our Varied Past with host Rich Walling and featuring a Riva Avenue Tour with Charlie Sullivan (1982);
- March 7-11, 2010: Our Varied Past with host Rich Walling and featuring Kelly Kelemen (Part 1); part two will air March 14-18.
For more information, please call 732-390-6767.