Computer training at the Library
Get the computer training you need at the East Brunswick Public Library, then put your skills to use by using the latest and greatest in software. Register today!
During the end of August thru early September, The Library will install Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 on all public computers, giving patrons the latest Microsoft software for their business or personal use. The computers will be available for use, but transitioning during this time, so we ask that everyone be patient. To help users, The Library will hold an Introduction to the New Office class on Tuesday, Sept. 14, at 7 p.m. Learn about the changes introduced in Office 2007 and refined in 2010. This includes how to navigate, use the Ribbon, the Quick Access Toolbar, the new File tab, and more about the file formats introduced with Office 2007 during this course.
People who like to read on the go might want to check out our class on how to download eBooks and Audiobooks. Learn how to download free books from The Library’s growing collection and other free resources to your Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony Reader, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Droid phone.
Classes for September include:
- PC Literacy II, on Monday, Sept. 20, at 2 p.m.;
- Introduction to New Office on Monday, Sept. 20, at 7 p.m.;
- Search, Checkout and Download (eBooks and Audio books) on Thursday, Sept. 16, at 7 p.m.;
- PowerPoint II, Tuesday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m.;
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m..;
- Excel Basics on Saturday, Sept. 25, at 9:30 a.m.; and
- Excel II on Thursday, Sept. 30, at 7 p.m.
Classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students per class.
Registration is required. There is a $5 fee for cardholders and a $10 fee for non-cardholders. Fees will be added to a cardholder’s account and paid for at the Circulation desk. Non-cardholders must pay at the time of registration. Register at the Library or by visiting www.ebpl.org and clicking the Calendar. For more information, please call 732-390-6767.