October Computer Training at the Library
Get the computer training you need at the Library and update your skills this month.
Register now for the East Brunswick Public Library’s latest computer class offerings. October offers something for everyone with classes for beginners and more advanced students alike.
Beginners can register for our basic computer classes - PC Literacy I and II, and Email Basics Parts I and II. These classes are not offered on a regular basis, so be sure to take advantage of these offerings and register this month.
For More Advanced Users
More advanced users can sign up for the Microsoft Office suite of classes. This month we are offering two levels of Microsoft Word, four levels of Excel, and the introduction to PowerPoint. People who are new to Windows 7 can register for our Introduction to WIndows 7and master the new navigation and discover all of its new features.
Introduction to QuickBooks, Level II
In September we offered the first of the three part introductory series to the popular small business financial software. On October 15th we are following up with Level II. The QuickBooks classes are designed for individuals who are just starting out with QuickBooks and have a working knowledge of the Windows environment. QuickBooks Level II will include working with your accounts, recording sales information, handling payments, and, time permitting, entering and paying bills. The fee for the course is $50. Advance registration and prepayment is required. See the event in the calendar for the specifics on registration and cancellation.
Classes for October include:
- Excel Basics, Saturday, October 1st at 9:30 a.m.;
- PC Literacy I, Tuesday, October 4th at 7 pm.;
- Introduction to Windows 7, Thursday October 6th at 7 p.m.;
- PC Literacy II, Tuesday, October 11th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel II, Thursday, October 13th at 7 p.m.;
- QuickBooks, Level II, Sturday, October 15 at 9:30 a.m.;
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Tuesday,October 18th at 7 p.m.;
- Email Basics Part I , Wednesday, October 19th at 2 p.m.;
- Microsoft Word II, Thursday, October 20th at 7 p.m.:
- Excel III, Saturday, October 22nd at 9:30 a.m.;
- Introduction to PowerPoint, Tuesday, October 25th at 7 p.m.;
- Email Basics Part II, Wednesday, October 26th at 2 p.m.;
- Excel IV, Saturday, October 29th at 9:30 a.m.;
All courses are offered using the latest Microsoft software - Windows 7 and Office 2010. Registration is required. All registrants should look at the class offerings carefully to insure that they have the necessary skills for each class. Most classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students per class.
There is a $5 fee for cardholders and a $10 fee for non-cardholders with the exception of the QuickBooks classes. Fees will be added to a cardholder’s account and paid for at the Circulation desk. Register at the Library, by phone or by going to the event in the website Calendar and clicking on the Sign Me Up link. Your library card and PIN numbers will be required. Non-cardholders must pay at the time of registration, i.e. registrations must be in person. For more information, please call 732-390-6767.