eBooks are now available for the Amazon Kindle on ListenNJ.com
Library eBooks can now be borrowed for the Amazon Kindle on ListenNJ.com!
The library is pleased to announce that Amazon® Kindle now works with the library’s eBook collection! At this point not all library ebooks can be read on a Kindle, but Kindle users now have access to a collection of over 2,800 ebook titles that can be read on all Kindle devices or by using free Kindle apps for iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and other mobile devices.
The process for checking out and downloading an ebook onto a Kindle or Kindle app is simple and does not require any additional software. The device must be registered at http://www.amazon.com in order to download ebooks from the library collectioni. Here is the process for checking out a library eBook for Kindle:
- Visit your library’s ‘Virtual Branch’ website at www.listennj.com and click on the image on the right hand side that says Now Available Library eBooks for Kindle
- Browse and check out a Kindle book.
- Click the Get for Kindle button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Click the Get library book button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, you can save the ebook file onto your computer, connect your Kindle to your computer with its USB cord and drag the file from your computer into your Kindle’s Documents folder.
Library ebooks can be checked out for a maximum of 14 days. After the checkout period is over the book will automatically expire- no need to return it. Books can also be returned before their expiration date by clicking the Return button under the Manage Your Kindle section of your Amazon account.Resource Link