Coronavirus Update from East Brunswick Public Library
Your health is our concern. We have put together this list of corona virus-related resources and what we've been doing to mitigate the risks.
Just like all of you, we are monitoring the status and potential risk of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and would like to share with you what we're doing to protect your health and safety. We will cooperate with all federal, state, and town directives regarding public safety.
If you would like to learn more about the Coronavirus, check out this recent episode of EBTV's Wellness Spotlight. It features Dr. Tracy Zivin-Tutela (Infectious Diseases Specialist), Lester Jones (Health Officer & Director of Middlesex County Office of Health Services) and Austin "John" Kosik Jr. (Office of Emergency Management Coordinator for East Brunswick Township) discussing the virus, prevention and treatment.
Our Just For The Health Of It! consumer medical and health librarians also put together this resource guide with links to information World Health Organization, New Jersey Department of Health and similar organizations.
What East Brunswick Public Library is doing to mitigate the risks
- The entire library is cleaned thoroughly every day, and our cleaners will also take extra care while wiping down door handles, touchscreens, table and countertops, keyboards, and other public surfaces.
- Providing flyers throughout the building from the Center of Disease Control on techniques to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage patrons and staff to stay home and rest if they are unwell.
At-Home Library Access
If you're unable to visit East Brunswick Public Library for any reason, we'd like to remind you of all the great resources that you can access from the comfort of home. You can access all of these services for free by signing up with your East Brunswick Public Library card.
- Watch award-winning independent films, documentaries and children's programs on Kanopy.
- Over a thousand art and craft instructional videos on CreativeBug.
- Download movies, music albums, graphic novels, television shows, audiobooks and eBooks with hoopla digital.
- Twenty-five thousand ebooks and audiobooks on eLibrary NJ.
- The most popular newsstand magazines on RBDigital.
As always, our reference staff can answer research questions. You may call the reference desk at 732-390-6767or send an email.