Curbside Pick Up
Good news! We now offer curbside pickup of library materials.
Click here for information curbside pickup and other EBPL updates.
Curbside Pickup Policies
Curbside pickup appointments will be between the hours of
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
At this time, curbside service will be limited to East Brunswick patrons and hold requests will only be taken on items belonging to the East Brunswick Public Library.
A limit of 10 adult items and 20 juvenile items may be picked up through curbside service with no more than 5 of these items being DVDs/video games.
You may pick up items from multiple cards, as long as the total number of items does not exceed 30.
Specialty Items, Lendable Kits, and Museum Passes are not eligible for curbside pickup.
Your account must be in good standing (i.e. not blocked due to unpaid fees or lost materials) to use Curbside Pickup.
Staff cannot take payment for fines at Curbside Pickup. Fines may be paid on our website through SmartPay.
Returns will not be accepted at Curbside Pickup. You must use designated book drops to return all materials.
Curbside Pickup may be cancelled, or hours adjusted, due to inclement weather.
Place item(s) on hold either by using our online catalog or by calling the library. Holds can be placed starting on June 23.
When you receive notification that your hold items are available for pickup, call the library Curbside Pickup line at (732) 390-6888 to schedule curbside service.
You will be asked for your library card number.
You will choose an available pickup time.
You will be given a designated parking spot number.
At your scheduled pickup time, park in the designated curbside pickup parking spot located directly in front of the library.
If you will be more than 30 minutes late please call the Curbside Pickup line to reschedule your pickup time. Unless you call to reschedule a missed appointment, items not picked up by the end of the day will be discharged and returned to the shelves.
Please remain in your vehicle. When one of our staff members approaches your car please show your library barcode or driver’s license through the closed car window.
Staff will place your checked-out items on the table directly in front of your car.
Once the staff member moves at least 6 feet from the table you may retrieve your items.
Just fill out our online request form and East Brunswick Library Staff will select books for you based on your age group and reading preferences. To request books through our Match+Book Service please click here.
Library Services Updates
- All item dates have been extended to July 31, 2020.
- Expiring library cards are extended until August 31, 2020.
- Library book drops will be reopened on June 22, 2020.
- Lendable kits are not to be returned at this time. Please hold on to these items and feel free to continue enjoying them.
- Museum passes may be returned to the media drop located on the outside wall to the left of the entrance doors.
- All programs, events and meetings are canceled through the end of August.
- While the library is closed, we are not accepting donations for the Friends of the Library's book sales. We will let you know when the donations resume.
- Award-winning independent films, documentaries and children's programs on Kanopy
- Over a thousand art and craft instructional videos on CreativeBug
- Movies, music albums, graphic novels, television shows, audiobooks and eBooks with hoopla digital
- Twenty-five thousand ebooks and audiobooks on eLibrary NJ.
- The most popular newsstand magazines on RBDigital.
- View all of our digital offerings here.
- Library cards that are blocked for overdue fines can be used to access online resources while the library building is closed.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate through this unprecedented and challenging situation.