Short Story Month Competition Ends May 31
We are excited to announce the return of its annual short story contest in celebration of National Short Story Month.
The “73 Words in the 732” contest seeks original short stories that contain seventy-three words or fewer. Stories can be on any theme or topic, and a panel of library staff will select the best short stories, which will appear on the library’s website.
“Storytelling is a powerful medium, and with the continuation of the pandemic affecting our daily lives, this contest helps our community connect in a personal way” says Melissa Hozik, Adult Programming Librarian.
All ages are welcome to participate and East Brunswick residency is not required.
Contributors must submit their stories online through the library’s website by May 31st.**We have extended the deadline!
Submit your story here.Enjoy the Youth submissions here:
- 2021: https://padlet.com/ebpl/g96zmr8192d2ew43
- 2020: https://padlet.com/ebpl/r461styri0o5m1n8
- 2019: https://padlet.com/ebpl/148n047sfbmhherf
- Read: https://ilove.ebpl.org/short-stories
- Listen to our podcast featuring some of the writers: https://anchor.fm/73words