Virtual Library: eLibraryNJ eBooks
East Brunswick Public Library cardholders have immediate access to an eBooks collection from eLibraryNJ, a project for 73 participating libraries in New Jersey!
The Library has purchased additional titles that are available exclusively to East Brunswick cardholders and can be identified by the Overdrive Advantage logo. This collection contains more than 6,000 additional downloadable eBooks and Audiobooks and includes titles that were not previously available throught eLibraryNJ as well as additional copies of existing eLibraryNJ titles to help reduce the wait time for titles.
Watch our quick start guide below.
Please enjoy and don't forget to let us know what you think!
- Checkout is required.
- In order to checkout you must login with your EBPL Library card number.
- You may transfer your checked out titles on your computer to portable devices.
- You must Adobe Digital Editions software [Download] in order to transfer your selections to your eReader.
- Download the OverDrive app to read eBooks on your smartphone.
- Customized help by device from eLibrary NJ > Click on My Help in the list. A help wizard will open.
- Go to eLibraryNJ
- Browse for titles and Add to Cart
- Download, (transfer) and enjoy!
- For a detailed overview of the process from eLibrarynj, click on New to Digital Books? Click Here!.
For more precision in finding titles use the Quick Search box at the top of the right column.
- Type the title, author or subject in the search box.
- Select the eBooks radio button.
- Click on the Find button.
- Your results will display.
- Click on the Advanced search link in the Quick Search box.
- Type in as much information that you know in the search form. You may include: Title, Creator, Keyword, ISBN, publisher, language, subject and more
- Choose the format that you need from the Format drop down menu. Choices include:
- All eBooks
- Kindle Books
- Adobe EPUB eBook
- Adboe PDF eBook
- Open EPUB eBook
- Open PDF eBOOK
- Click Search.
- Click on a title in the Search Results for more detailed information.
- Available titles will show an Add to Cart link.
- Titles with all copies checked out will show Place a Hold link.
- Continue searching/adding titles to your cart as desired.
- Click Proceed to Checkout link when you have finished making your selections (items stay in your cart for 30 minutes without checkout).
- Sign In to your account - Supply your Library name and Library card number and click the Sign In link.
- The items in your cart will display.
- Choose either the 7, 10 or 14 day loan period for each title or click the Remove button to delete selections from the list and click Confirm checkout.
- Click Download to save a copy of the book on your computer. (Adobe Digital Editions software required - Download)
You MUST download the ebook into Adobe Digital Editions before transferring it to your eReader. This step unlocks the digital rights management (DRM) that allows you to read the ebook. If you save the file onto your computer instead, the book will not open once it is transferred to your eReader.
Once you have downloaded to Adobe Digital Editions on your computer you can transfer it to your eReader. Note - Your eReader device must be registered in order to download ebooks.
Download eBooks directly to your sony Reader Wi-Fi
Transfer and open an eLibraryNJ eBook onto a Sony Reader:
Transferring and opening an eLibraryNJ onto a Nook:
After you download an eBook to your computer, you can transfer it to your Nook.
Transferring and opening an eLibraryNJ ebook onto a Kindle:
NOTE: There is no required software to download when transferring ebooks to a Kindle.
Helpful video on downloading books to a Kindle
Many devices can be used to enjoy titles from OverDrive. Use OverDrive Mobile apps for your device to download directly to your smartphone/other mobile product.
NOTE: This app can be used for ebooks or audiobooks
Install the app:
- Search for Overdrive Media Console in app store on your device. Follow the directions to install the app.
- Follow the directions to authorize the device with an Adobe ID.
Search for and checkout ebooks:
- Open app and click Get Books
- If you have not already done so, click Add a Library and search for East Brunswick Public Library. Click on the star next to the library name to save it to your “Get Books” list
- Click on InfoLink-elibraryNJ (next to the star) to go to the search page
- Click Search button at the top of the screen to search by author, title, subject etc. or click Browse to browse by format or genre.
NOTE: Click Show only available titles button to see titles that are currently available for checkout.
- Click Add to Cart. Once the title is in your cart, you will have 30 min. to complete the checkout.
- Click Proceed to checkout
- Login if you have not already done so. Click Confirm checkout.
- Click Download to start reading the ebook or listening to the audiobook.
Install the app:
- Search for the Kindle app in the app store on your device. Follow the directions to install the app.
- Under Settings, register the device with your Amazon username and password.
Search for and checkout ebooks:
- Go to http://www.elibrarynj.com on your device to search for available titles.
- Choose a title and click add to cart (NOTE: If the title is already checked out you will be only be able to add yourself to the waiting list).
- Click proceed to checkout.
- Login with Library name and Library card number.
- Choose either the 7, 10 or 14 day loan period and click Confirm checkout.
Download the ebook:
- Click Get for Kindlebutton next to title.If you have not already logged in, log in to your Amazon account. Under the Deliver to: menu, select the device that you want the ebook to be delivered to and click Get library book button.
- If your Kindle supports Wi-Fi, the book will be wirelessly transferred to your device.
- If your Kindle does not support Wi-Fi, you will prompted to save the file onto your computer by clicking Download now.
- Plug your device into your computer.
- Open the Kindle folder that automatically installs on your computer.
- Locate the file that you saved on to your computer and drag the file into the Documents folder
- Go to the Archived Items folder on your device and select the ebook to start reading. NOTE: Library ebooks may also be located under the Home section on your device.
eLibraryNJ ebooks and audiobooks will automatically expire when the lending period is over. Ebooks can also be returned early from most eReaders by selecting Return Item from the drop down menu at the top left of the book cover in Adobe Digital Editions. Kindle users can return ebooks early by clicking return this item from the dropdown menu next to the book title in their Kindle Library at http://www.amazon.com.