Library Features: What's New @ The Library
Computer Training at the Library
Sharpen your computer skills during November
Brush up on your computer training with the library's fantastic cataloge of classes. Courses in November include offerings for beginners to experts. Classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students each.
- Saturday Nov. 1, at 9:30 a.m. - Intro to Word
- Saturday Nov. 1, at 12:30 p.m. - Photoshop III
- Tuesday Nov. 4. at 7 p.m. - Intro to Excel
- Wednesday, Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. - PC Literacy I
- Thursday, Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. - Intro to Photoshop
- Thursday, Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. - Intro to PowerPoint
- Saturday, Nov. 8 at 9:30 a.m. -Word II
- Wednesday Nov. 12 at 7 p.m. - PC Literacy II
- Thursday, Nov. 13 at 6 p.m. - Photoshop II
- Thursday, Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. - PowerPoint II
- Saturday, Nov. 15 at 9:30 a.m. -Word III
- Tuesday, Nov. 18at 7 p.m. - Excel II
- Thursday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. - Photoshop III
- Thursday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m. - PowerPoint III
- Saturday, Nov. 22 at 9:30 a.m. - Word IV
- Tuesday, Nov. 25 at 7 p.m. - Excel III
- Tuesday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. - Excel IV
All Intro and Level 1 Courses are Free. There is a $10 fee for all others. Fees will be added to a cardholder's account and paid for at the Circulation desk. Non-cardholders will be charged $15 and must pay at the time of registration.
Friends Fall Meeting: Visit with Scott Mazzella, author of “Surviving Sandy”
Visit with author Scott Mazzella at the Friends Fall Meeting Thursday, Nov. 13 * 7:30 p.m.
Come to the Friends of the Library’s Fall Meeting and visit with Scott Mazzella, the award winning author of “Surviving Sandy.”
An educator, former reporter, passionate writer and weather-buff, Mazzella captures the devastation and impact Superstorm Sandy had on Long Beach Island and the surrounding communities, and what happened in the days and weeks that followed. Superstorm Sandy was the possibly the greatest natural disaster to hit the Jersey Shore. It disrupted lives, rearranged neighborhoods, and change the geographical landscape of the state.
Copies of his book will be available for purchase at a discounted price. This free program is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Friends Community Yard Sale
Get great buys at the Community Yard Sale. Held at the East Brunswick High School. Saturday, Oct. 11 * 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Head to the Friends Community Yard Sale on Saturday at the East Brunswick High School and find some great items at great prices. One of the largest sales in the area, the Community Yard Sale has something for everyone.
This is a fundraiser for the Friends of the Library. There is no raindate. For more information