Defensive Driving Class
Erase your points, and save money on your car insurance by signing up for a NJ-approved class taught by an experienced police detective/accident investigator. Each year the Friends sponsor four Defensive Driving classes held in the library's meeting rooms.
Next Session Dates
Monday, March 23 and Tuesday, March 24, 2020
6:30 pm - 10 pm
Click here to buy your tickets online (additional fees apply). Tickets can also be bought at the library with cash or check and this completed form.
(If you need a class earlier go to njfixaticket.com to see schedules of additional classes taught by our instructor at the Defensive Driving Institute of New Jersey.)
You may apply to reduce points on your license once every five years; to receive an insurance discount, once every three years. Please note that your points cannot fall below zero. Licensed motorists with fewer than four points enjoy a mandatory discount on the auto liability, collision and no-fault portions of their insurance premiums for three years, starting with the next renewal. Course costs vary according to the goal:
2 Point Reduction (includes insurance discount if eligible)
5% Insurance Discount
- Attendees must have a valid driver’s license to take the course. No permits. Must bring your driver's license to the class to register.
- Eligibility for 2-point reduction: Currently have 2 or more motor vehicle points on driver’s license, points may not be reduced below zero, may take the course once every five years.
- Eligibility for 5% insurance discount: Must have fewer than 4 motor vehicle points before course, may take the course once every three years.
- Pre-registration and advance payment is required. Class size is limited. Refreshments will be served.
- You must attend both evenings to receive credit. If you attend the first night of the class but not the second part, you will not be refunded.
How to Sign Up
Attendance is limited to 30 people and you must attend two consecutive evenings in order to be eligible for credit.
- Application forms will also be available at the Circulation Desk. Checks should be made payable to "E.B. Friends of The Library"
- Please call 732-257-2967 for more information, OR
- Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.