EBPL is very excited to announce that we will be joining the Libraries of Middlesex County Automation Consortium, LMxAC, on February 10, 2016.
During this migration period, EB residents will have limited access to their on-line account. Currently, EB library card holders will not be able to renew any items checked out. Please call Circulation (732) 390-6950 for assistance with renewing items. EB cardholders will not be able to access elibraryNJ.com.
The library staff appreciates your patience during this transition.
What is LMxAC?
LMxAC is a consortium of 30 libraries in central New Jersey that pool their resources to provide collections, services and programs beyond the resources of any one member library. By joining EBPL will be providing residents with access to over 2.8 million physical items in the shared collection, a new online catalog to search with more features and a greatly expanded selection of digital materials to download and stream.
What does this change for EBPL cardholders?
A lot and not that much at all! EBPL cardholders can still use the library as they always have:
- Your library card and login information remains the same.
- Loan periods for items and our fines and fees will remain the same.
- EBPL cardholders will still have priority for all EBPL items.
- You will have the same access to digital titles through elibrarynj.com.
- Our staff will be just as welcoming and helpful as ever to answer any and all questions.
Here is what you can look forward to:
- An upgraded version of our current catalog that allows greater options and limiters to help when searching for items.
- The ability to see any digital items they have checked out when they log into their library account.
- The ability to place holds on items that are owned by any of the 30 member libraries. These items can sent to EBPL for pickup, renewed and returned to EBPL. EBPL cardholders can pick up items and return items to any LMxAC library as well.
- Access to over 100 more magazine titles through Zinio will be available as of March 1, 2016. For current users of EBPL's Zinio eMagazine collection:
- Starting March 1st the first time you check out a magazine from the new site - LMXAC Zinio eMagazine Collection - you will need to create a new account with your library bar code. If you use the same email address and password used in our prior collection – all of your previously checked out magazines will continue to appear in your “My Collection” tab. If you use the mobile app, you will need to sign out and then log in as usual with your new account’s email and password.
- Unlimited access to thousands of award-winning shorts, feature films, and documentaries through IndieFlix will be available as of March 1, 2016.
- Access to thousands of streaming albums and movies through Hoopla will be coming Spring 2016.