ONLINE: Lunch 'N Learn with the Doctors: Prostate Cancer
05/08/2020 | 12:00PM - 01:00PM
No Room required
Just for the Health of It
A recording of the talk can be viewed here: https://www.justforthehealthofit.org/media/13
In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Dr. Edward Soffen, Radiation Oncologist, Princeton Radiation Oncology and Dr. Phillip Reid, Medical Oncologist, Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey will discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment and management of prostate cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include:
- Evaluation of suspected prostate cancer
- Postponing biopsy and staging workup
- Treatment options for newly-diagnosed prostate cancer
- Addressing which patients need immediate treatment
- Recommendations during COVID for hormonal therapy as a way of delaying definitive treatment
- Recommendations for timing of radiation treatment during COVID
- Addressing disease recurrence and when and how to treat it.
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program.
Have a question for the doctors? We are accepting questions until May 6th. Submit your questions here: https://tinyurl.com/doctorslnl2
Edward Soffen, MD received his Bachelor of Arts degree in biology, graduating Phi Beta Kappa, from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, before obtaining his medical degree and his selection to Alpha Omega Alpha Society from Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia. He completed his residency in radiation oncology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Dr. Soffen served on the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania and at Fox Chase Cancer Center. He is currently on the faculty of Rutgers University Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey. He has authored numerous publications and has received many awards including being selected by his peers as a “Top Doctor” in New Jersey for over 15 years, and as one of the “Best Doctors in America”.
Phillip D. Reid, MD obtained his medical degree from Stanford University, Stanford, CA and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA. He completed his fellowship in oncology/hematology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. He a clinical instructor at UMDNJ Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ. Dr. Reid is board certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology.
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting click on (or copy/paste) link: https://zoom.us/j/99125508475
- Meeting ID: 991-2550-8475
- Password: 811664
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929-436-2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting: https://zoom.us/j/99125508475
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Sponsored by Princeton Radiation Oncology; Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey; and the library's Just for the Health of It!
initiative to promote community health and wellness.