ONLINE: Lunch 'N Learn with the Doctors: Managing the Common Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation
10/16/2020 | 12:00PM - 01:00PM
Just for the Health of It
Registration requested for this free event. Register at:
In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Drs. Jae Lee and Phillip Reid will conduct a comprehensive overview for managing common side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Topics include:
- Immune suppression
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program.
Dr. Jae Lee obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry with highest distinction from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA, before attending the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, where he completed his doctoral thesis in cancer stem cell biology and was awarded combined MD and PhD degrees through the Medical Scientist Training Program. He has received several international travel awards to present his work at meetings of the International Society for Stem Cell Research. He then completed a residency in radiation oncology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI, where he was named Chief Resident. He served as co-investigator on several clinical trials and studies utilizing advanced imaging to improve tumor control and treatment related side effects.
Dr. Lee’s professional memberships include the American Brachytherapy Society, American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Radiation Oncology.
Phillip D. Reid, MD obtained his medical degree from Stanford University, Stanford, CA and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA. He completed his fellowship in oncology/hematology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. He a clinical instructor at UMDNJ Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ. Dr. Reid is board certified in Medical Oncology and Hematology.
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting click on (or copy/paste) link:
- Meeting ID:
- Password: Will be emailed to registrants the day before the event
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929-436-2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting:
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Sponsored by Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey; and the library's Just for the Health of It!
initiative to promote community health and wellness.