ONLINE: Lunch 'N Learn with the Doctors: Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment: Impact of the Coronavirus Pandemic
05/01/2020 | 12:00PM - 01:00PM
No Room required
Just for the Health of It
A recording of the talk can be viewed here: https://www.justforthehealthofit.org/media/11
This will be a multidisciplinary talk where Drs. Hopkins, Fontanilla and Ronnen will discuss an overview of breast cancer focusing on how management has changed during the COVID pandemic.
Issues to be addressed include:
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program.
Questions for the doctors? We are accepting questions until April 28th. Submit your questions here
- Breast cancer overview
- Adjustment to standard guidelines for screening mammograms during COVID
- Adjustment to follow up mammograms scheduling during COVID
- Recommendations for chemo versus anti hormonal therapy during COVID
- Recommendations for timing of radiation during COVID
- Where cancer patients can find mental health support during this time
Hiral Patel Fontanilla, MD
graduated with honors from Rutgers University before obtaining her medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey where she was nominated to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. She completed her residency in radiation oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Dr. Fontanilla has received numerous honors including the AMA Foundation Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship and Stanley S. Bergen, Jr., MD Medal of Excellence. Dr. Fontanilla was selected as a research scholar at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at the National Institutes of Health where she completed a one-year research fellowship. She was certified by the American Board of Radiology in radiation oncology in 2013.
Lisa Hopkins, MD
is a diligent and considerate breast surgeon serving the community of New Brunswick, NJ. Dr. Hopkins attended the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, where she received her medical degree, and completed her residency in general surgery at York Hospital. She further continued her studies and completed a fellowship in breast surgical oncology at Saint Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Beth Israel Medical Center. She also holds a bachelor’s degree from McDaniel College.
Ellen Ronnen, MD
went into her field because she was intrigued with the science behind oncology and valued that practicing oncology often created long-term relationships with the people she treated. She attended the Albert Einsten College of Medicine, where she obtained her medical degree, and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at New York University Medical Center. She completed her fellowship in medical oncology and hematology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. She is board certified in internal medicine, medical oncology, and hematology.
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting click on (or copy/paste) link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/93166355378
- Meeting ID: 931-6635-5378
- Password: 859583
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929-436-2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/93166355378
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Sponsored by Princeton Radiation Oncology; Saint Peter's Breast Center, New Brunswick, NJ; Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey; and the library's Just for the Health of It!
initiative to promote community health and wellness.