ONLINE: NJ State Parks
06/18/2020 | 06:00PM - 07:30PM
Meeting Room 3
No Registration Required
Some of New Jersey's most exciting history can be found in our more than two dozen State Parks.
Old names such as Wawayanda and Hopatcong remind us of the Lenni Lenape, or "Original People." Historic battlefields recall New Jersey's perilous years as "the Crossroads of the American Revolution." Abandoned forges still speak of our first great industry, and we can trace the beginnings of our transportation network in the paths of the Morris and the Delaware & Raritan Canals.
The slide show includes Kevin Woyce's original photographs of many of New Jersey's beautiful state parks, plus vintage maps and images of historic people, places, and events.
Kevin Woyce is an author, photographer, and lecturer. His regional history books, illustrated with original black and white photography, include: Jersey Shore History & Facts, Niagara: The Falls and the River, and Santa’s Hometown.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
This event will be held on the Zoom platform
. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Not familiar with Zoom, do not worry, EBPL has a tutorial for that, click on this link
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81779136378
- Meeting ID: 817 7913 6378
- Password: 77 16 13
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929 436 2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting:
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Sponsored by The Friends of the Library