3D Printing Design Apps overview
04/30/2020 | 06:30PM - 07:15PM
Computer Training Center
Technology Training, Technology Training
Class will provide an overview on how to design and print models with a 3D printer.
You are welcome to create an free account at TinkerCad website before the class. TinkerCad is a great app to start designing models that can be manufactured with a 3D Printer.
In order to send a file from TinkerCad to the EBPL 3D printer you will need a Slicer, you may download the Prusa Slicer on your computer:
Prusa I3 MK2.5S Slicer click here: https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/
Once you get to the web page, scroll down until you see the "Original Prusa I3 MK2.5S" click on Drivers & Apps for the slicer.
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Not familiar with Zoom, do not worry, EBPL has a tutorial for that, click on this link .
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- Meeting ID: 821 6863 3131
- Password: 225456
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929 436 2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) the Zoom Meeting link (above) into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting.
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Please call the Information Desk at 732-390-6767 for more information.