ONLINE: Lunch 'N Learn with the Doctors: Skin Cancer
06/12/2020 | 12:00PM - 01:00PM
No Room required
Just for the Health of It
In this multidisciplinary talk conducted virtually, Dr. John Baumann, Radiation Oncologist, Princeton Radiation Oncology, Dr. Sameer Desai, Medical Oncologist, Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey, and Dr. Darshan Vaidya, Dermatologist, Aura Dermatology will discuss the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of skin cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Importance of sunscreen use
- Overview of skin cancer
- Overview of dermatologic / surgical treatments for skin cancer
- Radiation Therapy as an alternative to surgery for skin cancer
- Systemic treatments for skin cancer
- Changes in oncology care during the Covid pandemic.
Space is limited. Registration required.
Questions for the doctors? We are accepting questions until June 9th. Submit your question here: https://tinyurl.com/doctorslnl6
Please note, the doctors presenting will not be able to offer personal medical advice to attendees during this program
Dr. Baumann graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University and received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School where he also completed his residency, chief residency and fellowship in radiation oncology. He previously served as Chief of Radiation Oncology at the Walter Reed Medical Center, Washington, D.C., where he was the Associate Program Director of the National Cancer Institutes’ resident training program for radiation oncology and served as a member of the radiotherapy committee of the Gynecologic Oncology Group as well as the Radiological Advisory Medical Team of the U.S. Department of Defense. Dr. Baumann was named as the Consultant to the Surgeon General for radiation oncology and also served as the President of the Medical Staff at the University Medical Center at Princeton. He has lectured internationally, published multiple articles in the medical literature, and has received numerous honors including being selected by his peers for many years as one of the “Best Doctors” in the New York/New Jersey region.
Dr. Desai received his medical degree from Yale University School of Medicine and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Beth Israel-Deaconnes Medical Center, Boston. He completed his fellowship in hematology & medical oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor. He holds leadership positions in the Middlesex County Medical Society and at Saint Peter's University Hospital and is board-certified in hematology and medical oncology.
Dr. Vaidya was born in Zambia (Africa) and moved to New Jersey with his family when he was 6 years old. After obtaining his Bachelors Degree at Rutgers University and Medical Degree at New Jersey Medical School (UMDNJ), he moved to Providence, RI for his residency training in Dermatology at Brown University. He eventually decided to settle down in New Jersey with his beautiful wife Sonia, who is an Optometrist. Specializing in adult and pediatric dermatology and surgery of the skin, Dr. Vaidya treats patients from infants to the elderly. He performs cosmetic dermatological procedures including skin rejuvenation, microneedling, lasers, Botox, and fillers. Dr. Vaidya believes in providing high quality care for all his patients and does so with compassion and sensitivity
This event will be held on the Zoom platform. Please make sure you have the application installed on your computer, iOS, or Android device.
Please plan to join the meeting 10 minutes prior to the program so your device has time to connect.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONNECT
- To join our Zoom Meeting click on (or copy/paste) link: https://zoom.us/j/91413641257
- Meeting ID: 914-1364-1257
- Password: Will be emailed to registrants the day before the event
- To dial-in via telephone for audio instead of joining the webinar: 929-436-2866
FOR COMPUTER USERS
- Your computer must have a monitor. You do not need a camera or microphone.
- Click (or copy/paste) this link into a web browser to access the Zoom virtual meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91413641257
- Zoom may ask you to download and install the application file for you to join the meeting. Download and install the file so you can connect to Zoom.
- To hear the program, you can either use your computer’s speakers or call in using a telephone. Select which one you prefer.
- If you have a camera & microphone, you will be muted during the program. You will be able to view the presentation and hear it, but you will not be seen or heard.
- Have a question for the presenter? You can press the Chat button on the bottom of the screen and type you question in the lower right corner. You question will be answered at the end of the program.
Sponsored by Princeton Radiation Oncology; Regional Cancer Care Associates, Central Jersey; and the library's Just for the Health of It!
initiative to promote community health and wellness.